"Cleanliness is Godliness"
Hygiene is essential to stay away from harmful germs, bacteria, and viruses. Hygiene is a shield that protects us against harmful illnesses. Maintaining hygiene has become important especially during this pandemic.
Talking about hygiene, how can one ignore oral hygiene! Oral hygiene is vital for strong teeth and good oral health. Oral hygiene also prevents bad breath. How would it feel if people treat you like an untouchable and avoid standing beside you just because of your foul-smelling mouth and bad breath?
Terrible, right? So oral hygiene is a must to avoid having bad breath.
Smells play an important role in how we feel. So good and pleasant smell is essential to feel happy and be in a pleasant mood. Thus, maintaining oral hygiene is important to avoid the foul smell and bad breath and to also keep our mood pleasant.
By maintaining oral hygiene, we even enhance our smile and can laugh and express our joy freely without feeling hesitant. After all, for perfect selfies, a great smile is essential!
Now, we all know how important it is to maintain oral hygiene, but most do not know how to do it.
How do we maintain oral hygiene?
The following 9 tips are useful in maintaining oral hygiene-
- Brush with no rush: We all know we should brush properly to have cleaner teeth and stay away from germs and bacteria. But how many of us follow this advice? A wise man is not the one who has knowledge but the one who uses the knowledge and puts it into action. That's when knowledge gets value and proves beneficial. So, it is important to properly brush at least twice a day to stay away from dental issues and to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Make flossing a habit: Flossing helps you to remove the food particles stuck in your teeth. It helps to remove food particles from those areas of the teeth where even a toothbrush cannot reach.
- Smoking is injurious to health: This statement is seen everywhere, in movies, serials, hotels, public transport, and even on cigarette packets! Smoking not only harms our lungs but also harms our teeth. Yes, smoking is injurious to health, especially oral health!
- Reduction in certain food and drinks: Stay away from certain foods and drinks or else they will stick in your teeth for long! Stay away to avoid sticking! Beverages like tea and coffee are harmful to our teeth. Too much sugary food also harms our teeth and leads to teeth staining. If sweets can spread joy, they can also take away your joy and beautiful smile. So, make sure you eat sweets and have beverages like tea and coffee within limits. If sweets give happiness, they can also give pain. Yes, they can cause toothaches. And if anyone of you has ever experienced a toothache, you know how painful, irritating, and terrible it is. It interferes with our daily work and makes it difficult for us to concentrate on our work. So, don't allow the joy got from sweets to turn into pain. Consume sugary foods and beverages like tea etc. in limits.
- Calcium is good for gums: Drink beverages like milk and eat calcium-rich foods like cheese and yogurt for strong teeth and gums. It is essential to include foods rich in Vitamin D in your diet to get enough calcium which in turn leads to stronger teeth and gums. Eat white to get white. Having milk and other dairy products is essential to keep our teeth white and strong and to maintain oral health and hygiene.
- Expert Advice: There is a lifeline on the show KBC known as expert advice. In case, the contestant gets stuck in a question, he can use the lifeline expert advice in which experts (who are knowledgeable) help them in answering the question and make them win. So, expert advice is essential to help us solve our queries and problems and guide us to walk on the right path! So, it is essential to consult the expert of teeth(dentist) to have good oral health and hygiene and to stay away from teeth problems. It is an effective lifeline!
- Clean your tongue: It is important to keep your tongue clean to maintain good oral hygiene. It is not only important to take care of your teeth but also your tongue to maintain good oral health and hygiene.
- Teeth are much more than a smile: Good and straight teeth are not important just because they enhance our smile but because they protect us from harmful illnesses like diabetes and heart diseases. Yes, having teeth problems can make one prone to diabetes and heart diseases. So, it is essential to always take care of our teeth and always remember that teeth problems lead to bigger problems.
- Hydration saves you from complications: It is essential to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated for good oral health and hygiene.
This article made us understand the importance of maintaining oral hygiene and provided us with useful tips to maintain oral health and hygiene. So, what are you waiting for? Follow the above tips mentioned to maintain good oral hygiene and to stay away from germs and bacteria. The tips mentioned above will not only avoid bad breath and improve your oral health, but it will also improve your smile. So, follow the above tips to get a picture-perfect photo clicked!