The path to strong and healthy dental implants isn't always easy. But when it's essential, a sinus lift surgery is a step toward a healthier smile. Even after a severe bone loss, sinus lift surgery allows the patient to experience the full benefits of dental implants. If you are seeking a safe and effective sinus lift surgery in Noida, visit Neo Dental Care.
At Neo Dental Care, one of the best dental clinic in Noida, you will receive reliable and result-oriented sinus lift surgery. The surgery is performed by Dr. Suhrab Singh, one of the best dentist in Noida.
Our goal is to provide all the information you need about your sinus lift procedure. So, you can feel confident as you prepare for your sinus lift.
What is a sinus lift?
A sinus lift, also known as sinus augmentation, is a procedure that allows the placement of dental implants more easily. Some people require dental implants, but due to bone loss, they lack the essential bone support. In such cases, a sinus lift can help as it adds bone to the gap between the molars and premolars, increasing bone in the upper jaw.
The sinus membrane must be pushed higher or "lifted" to create a place for the bone. It is how the surgery gets its name. Sinus lifts are usually performed by a dental professional such as an oral maxillofacial surgeon or a periodontist.
Who is eligible for a sinus lift?
Dr. Suhrab Singh, a proficient dentist in Noida, may suggest a sinus lift if you are missing:
· Single tooth in the back of the jaw
· Multiple teeth in the back of the jaw
· Substantial bone mass in the back of the jaw
· Teeth due to a congenital defect or condition
· Most of the maxillary teeth and thus require dental implant support
What is the cost of sinus lift surgery in Noida?
The cost of sinus lift surgery in Noida may range from Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 55,000. However, the cost of sinus lift surgery also differs based on:
- bone graft materials required
- complexity of the surgery
- dentist's fee
- facility’s fee
- clinic's location
What happens before a sinus lift?
Our dentist will first figure out where the extra bone will come from if you require a sinus lift. The following are the three most prevalent forms of bone utilized in sinus lift procedures:
· Autogenous bone: Bone from your body
· Allogenic bone: Bone from a cadaver
· Xenograft: Bone from a cow
If the bone is your own, it will come from different parts of your mouth or body.
After that, you will need to take X-rays. They assist the dentist in examining the jaw and sinuses and determine the best treatment for you.
How is a sinus lift performed?
Now we will go over what to expect during surgery. So, you will be prepared and confident during your sinus lift. The following is a general timeline of what happens during sinus lift surgery:
· First, the dental surgeon incises the gum tissue and raises it, exposing the bone below. Then, the surgeon incises a small circle into the bone.
· Further, the surgeon inserts a bone graft into the sinus cavity and raises the bony component. Then, the surgeon seals the incision, and the healing process starts.
· The dentist will install the implants 4 to 12 months after the sinus lift procedure. This gap allows the new bone to integrate with the existing bone properly.
· The time between the surgery and the placement of the implants is determined by the amount of bone the patient requires.
· When the dentist determines the accurate time to install the implants, they will inform the patient.
What happens after a sinus lift?
After a sinus lift, the patient may experience:
· Little discomfort
· Mild swelling
· Light bleeding from the nose or mouth immediately after surgery
The patient should avoid blowing the nose or sneezing after the surgery. We understand that sneezing is challenging to manage, so avoid anything that makes the patient sneezy.
Sneezing and blowing the nose might loosen the stitches by causing the bone-graft material to loosen. So be cautious.
The patient may receive the following from the dentist:
· Saline spray to maintain moisture in the nose
· Medication to prevent inflammation and congestion
· Pain medicine
· Antimicrobial mouthwash to prevent infection
After 7-10 days of sinus lift surgery in Noida, you will have a follow-up appointment with our dentist. The dentist will inspect the surgery site and remove any stitches that have not disintegrated independently.
Patients may need to come a couple more times for check-in in some cases. However, there is no reason to be concerned. The dentist wants to ensure the patient is getting the best care possible.
Benefits of Sinus Lift
· Repairs gum disease and tooth loss damage.
· Allows placement of dental implants.
· Reduces the risk of sinus damage.
· Short and painless recovery.
Side effects of Sinus Lift
· The major side effect of a sinus lift is the risk of puncturing the sinus membranes. If this occurs during the procedure, the dentist will sew or patch the wound.
· If the first attempt fails, the patient must recover before attempting a second sinus lift.
Book an appointment at Neo Dental Clinic in Noida with Dr. Suhrab Singh, a skilled dentist in Noida, to seek the most effective sinus lift surgery in Noida.