Tooth extraction is a standard dental procedure at Neo Dental Care, one of the best dental clinic in Noida. Our ultra-modern facility is fitted with the latest dental equipment and technology that helps us deliver world-class treatment with excellent results.
Dr. Suhrab Singh, our principal dentist and HOD at Neo Hospital, is an expert in simple and surgical tooth extractions in Noida. He caters to patients of all ages and is committed to providing unparalleled dental care.
He mainly prefers saving the natural tooth and will use tooth extraction as a last resort. Apart from severe decay and damage, many other factors require pulling the tooth out, which we have discussed below.
Why do you need a tooth extraction?
Tooth extraction is an outpatient procedure where the dentist pulls the tooth out from the socket. There are several reasons why you may need a tooth extraction, the most common being a badly decayed and damaged tooth that cannot be saved by restorative methods such as dental fillings, root canal treatment, and dental crowns.
The other reasons for simple and surgical tooth extractions in Noida are:
Usually, with the help of antibiotics and root canal treatment, the dentist takes care of the infection caused by a decayed tooth. But if the infection is so severe that it cannot be cured, then tooth extraction is the best option to prevent the spread of the infection.
Crowded mouth –
To get braces, you may need to get a couple of teeth extracted to allow the misaligned teeth to shift into place. Also, if your tooth cannot erupt through the gums due to lack of place, then the dentist will pull it out.
Risk of infection –
If you are undergoing chemotherapy or going in for an organ transplant, then it becomes necessary to remove the compromised tooth to avoid infection.
Periodontal disease -
If gum disease has affected the bones and tissues surrounding the teeth and loosened them, it is essential to extract the teeth.
Dr. Suhrab Singh, a proficient dentist in Noida, will remove the visible teeth with a simple extraction method. But for teeth that are impacted or have broken below the surface, he will use a surgical tooth extraction method.
How will you prepare for the tooth extraction?
Before tooth extraction, our dentist will examine the affected tooth and the surrounding area. He will also take dental x-rays to determine the bone level and the extent of the damage.
Don’t forget to tell the dentist if you are on some medications or supplements during your consultation. Further, also inform him if you have any of the following conditions:
- Damaged heart valve
- Congenital heart defect
- Joint replacement
- Liver disease
- Adrenal disease
- Renal disease
- Impaired immune system
Apart from this, you may also discuss the options for sedation available at Neo Dental Care, one of the best dental clinic in Noida. Sedation is for people who have dental anxiety.
- Oral conscious sedation: It is a type of sedation given in the form of a pill an hour before removing the teeth. However, you will need someone with you to go home after the extraction.
- Nitrous oxide: It is light-level sedation inhaled through a nosepiece. It is also called laughing gas.
- Intravenous sedation: This is for people undergoing lengthy dental procedures such as jaw reconstruction or who have significant dental anxiety. You will need someone to drop you home.
What is the procedure for tooth extraction?
At our clinic, we provide simple and surgical tooth extractions in Noida. The extraction type will depend on whether your tooth is visible or impacted.
Before removing your tooth, our dentist will give you local anesthesia to numb the area. In some cases, he may use any one of the sedation methods discussed above.
Simple tooth extraction
Dr. Suhrab Singh will carry out simple tooth extraction for the visible tooth. He will use an elevator to lift the tooth, and with the dental forceps, he will move the tooth back and forth to slightly break the periodontal ligament and widen the alveolar bone so that the tooth can be removed slowly with steady, controlled force.
Surgical tooth extraction
Surgical tooth extraction is reserved for teeth that are hard to reach as they have not erupted fully or have broken below the gum line.
In this procedure, the dentist will make an incision in your gum and lift the flap covering the tooth. If necessary, he may remove the bone surrounding your tooth and extract the hard-to-pull tooth by cutting it into pieces.
Once the tooth has been extracted, our dentist will place a gauze pad in the socket and ask you to bite on it to stop bleeding. If necessary, our dentist in Noida will take a few stitches to close the incision.
A blood clot will form in the socket that helps heal and prevents dry socket. However, sometimes the blood clot breaks loose and exposes the bone in the socket. The dentist will place a sedative dressing over the socket until new clot forms.
What happens after tooth extraction?
It takes a few days to recover from tooth extraction. At Neo Dental Care, one of the best dental clinic in Noida, we give a list of dos and don’ts to our patients to follow for quick recovery after simple and surgical tooth extractions in Noida.
- Take the prescribed medications.
- Apply ice to the cheek for around ten minutes to reduce swelling.
- Leave the gauze in your mouth for 3 to 4 hours. You can change it if it is soaked in blood.
- Take it easy for a day.
- Do not rinse for a day and spit only gently after the tooth extraction as extra force may dislodge the clot in the socket.
- Refrain from using a straw for a day.
- Smoking can hinder healing, so avoid it.
- Eat soft food like yogurt, soup, and pudding for a day or two till the site heals.
- While sleeping or lying down, use an extra pillow under your head.
- Brush and floss your teeth as usual but avoid the extraction site.
Why choose Dr. Suhrab Singh for simple and surgical tooth extractions in Noida?
- Dr. Suhrab Singh has years of experience in dentistry and specializes in conservative, preventive, and cosmetic dentistry. He also excels in endodontics.
- He aims to provide top-class treatment to all his patients and goes out of his way to make them feel secure and safe. Further, he is known for his accuracy, precision, and skill in gently pulling out the teeth.
- Neo Dental Care is counted among the best dental clinic in Noida for its superlative technology, top-class dental equipment, and patient comfort and satisfaction.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the complications of tooth extraction?
- Delayed healing
- Nerve injury
- Dry socket
Perforation of maxillary sinus
What is the recovery period after tooth extraction?
It takes around a couple of weeks to heal. Slowly new tissues and bone will fill up the gap. However, there is a risk of the remaining teeth shifting, so replacing the missing tooth with a dental implant or fixed bridge is advisable.
When should I call the dentist?
You will need to contact the dentist in case of:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chest pain or shortness of breath
- Chills and fever
- Swelling, redness and excessive discharge