657,000 new cases of oral cancer are diagnosed each year, for such huge numbers, the risk factors are many, add to that the vulnerability brought in by Covid-19, and something needed to change during the pandemic to make cancer treatment and management safe for the patients. So, Dr.
Suhrab Singh, the best cancer treatment doctor in Delhi NCR, and his team are offering video consultations, home chemotherapy services, change of treatment plans, and more to combat the situation.
High-risk factors for oral cancer include smoking, chewing tobacco or using snuff, drinking excessive alcohol, having unprotected sun exposure to the lips, and chewing betelnut. The risk is even higher when people have more than one or more of these unhealthy habits.
Possible Signs Of Cancer Are:
- A lump in the mouth or neck
- Difficulty swallowing
- Changing in taste or tongue sensation
- White or red patches in the mouth
- Difficulty in moving jaw or tongue
- Problem IN speaking
- Bleeding or pain in the mouth or on the lip
- Weight loss
Treatment For Oral And Lip Cancers Include Tests Such As:
- Radiation- used as the main treatment,
- Surgery- Another treatment option for oral cancer
- Chemotherapy- Typically reserved for cancers that have spread
Oral cancers can be prevented by quitting smoking and limiting alcohol intake and having a healthy diet. Also, staying out of the sun also decreases the risk of lip cancer. Sometimes it depends on how far; cancer has spread and on individual needs.